All Submissions made after August 6, 2021 must be picked up at room 210 of the Student Union
The online photo submission process is now available for any new student or employee who has never had a DU Card before.
If you have lost your DU Card or the information on your current card has changed please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please review the criteria below and then click on the link at the bottom of the page to proceed to the photo submission application page.
Photo Submission Requirements
- Color photo taken within the past six months
- Solid white, off-white, or very light background
- Proper lighting
- Centered and frontal view of full face
- Cropped from just above the top of the head to the collarbone
- Eyes open and visible (wear prescription glasses if you normally do so; wait for shading to fade if wearing transition lenses
- Save photo using your last name and first initial as a .JPG file type (i.e. SmithJ.jpg)
Unacceptable Photo Submissions
- Wearing hats, sunglasses or other items that obscure the face (unless worn for religious purposes
- Closed eyes; glare on glasses (to avoid glare slightly tilt glasses downward)
- Shadows on the face or blurry photos
- Other visible people, objects, or text in the background
- Inappropriate expressions
- Group photos
- Photos of photos
- Black and white photos
- Photos with filters applied
- Photos with your hand resting on your face
- Side profile of face
- DU Card Services reserves the right to deny photo requests that do not meet the acceptable criteria.
- You will receive an approved or denied confirmation email sent to your duq.edu email address. Photo submissions are reviewed manually and can take up to two business days to be processed
- Please make sure you are happy with the photo you are submitting. You keep the same ID Card for your entire time at Duquesne University. Resubmitting a photo after approval or requesting a reprint for vanity reasons will result in purchasing another card.
- If it is discovered that the photo you submitted is not you, Campus Police will be contacted and appropriate legal action will ensue.