Citation Appeals Process
Duquesne University Citation Appeals Process
Individuals have the right to appeal any Duquesne University citation believed to have been issued in error. The appeal form must be completed within 10 days of the citation issue date. No appeal will be heard after the 10-day period. Any appeal that is vague or incomplete will also be rejected.
It is required that there is substantial evidence that the parking violation was not committed, or that it occurred due to unavoidable circumstances.
All citations must be paid online.
The following reasons are considered as frivolous and not valid as a basis for appeal:
- No readily available place to park.
- Lack of knowledge of regulations. It is the sole responsibility of the individual to know the University Parking regulations.
- Other vehicles were parked improperly.
- Previous citations for the same offense.
- Only parked for a short time.
- Parked there before without receiving a citation.
- Was late for a class or appointment.
The Appeals Committee will only hear non-frivolous appeals. The Committee is compromised of multiple student organizations and employees from several groups around campus. All decisions are final and not available for further review.
Once the decision has been made, the individual will receive an email stating the decision of the board.