Commuter Temporary Overnight Parking Request
Must Have a Current Permit to Qualify
The Commuter Parking Policy prohibits non-resident parking between 2 a.m. and 5 a.m.
To request a temporary, short-term exemption to park overnight on campus, students with a current parking permit should complete the online application form below no later than 4:30 p.m. one business day prior to the date requested. Overnight-weekend parking request applications must be submitted no later than 4:30 p.m. on the Thursday prior to the weekend date(s) requested.
Overnight requests will be reviewed and granted on an individual basis. While exemptions are not guaranteed, the intent is to accommodate students with a legitimate reason to leave their cars on campus overnight.
Examples of instances that qualify for an exemption include, but are not limited to:
- Student athletes traveling for competitions
- Clinical rotations and laboratory scheduling
- Department-sponsored student trips
- Inclement weather (communicated via parking website)
- Students working overnight in the Living Learning Centers.
The following are some examples of University-sponsored events during which the policy will not be enforced and an exemption form will not be required:
- Greek Week
- The week before and during midterms and finals.
Questions regarding exceptions can be directed to Parking and DU Card Services, at 412.396.5276 or firstname.lastname@example.org.