Barnes & Noble Bookstore and Café
The bookstore covers two floors and offers a robust textbook rental program that allows students to save up to 80% off the purchase price of a new book. The store carries a wide selection of Duquesne clothing and gifts. We also offer a full-service general reading book section, plus a Barnes & Noble café serving snacks, sandwiches, and Starbucks coffee. The bookstore accepts all forms of payment including Student Financial Aid, Duquesne Dollars, and Barnes & Noble gift cards.
412.434.6626 | Online Bookstore
Home Delivery for Textbooks!
To meet social distancing requirements, the University is encouraging students to purchase textbooks online through the Duquesne Bookstore. To get your textbooks before you arrive on campus, you can conveniently order them online and have them shipped to your home.
Follow these easy steps to place your order:
- Log into DORI
- Click "Find Textbooks" under "Additional Links"
- Click "Find View Customized Booklist/Order Books Now"
- Enter current term (Spring 2022)
- Booklist shows all ISBN, pricing and rental information for your registered classes
Order for delivery to your home or dorm room.*
You can also submit your order here. Use the "Course Materials Concierge" to sign in or search by class.
*If you've selected "in-store pickup" when placing your order, please wait for the email notification that "Your Order is Ready for Pickup" before arriving at the bookstore. Order processing may take up to 72 hours. Contact us with any questions.
- Returns/Refunds: Spring deadline is Friday, January 21, 2022. DO NOT open shrink-wrapped packages or access any online access codes until you are sure about purchase.
- Safety and Convenience: Beat the traffic and stay safe-have your books shipped to your home before you move to campus.
- Savings: Choose the format that you prefer. Remember, used copies are 25% cheaper. Rental and digital pricing is based on the demand of each individual title (see available format prices on our website). Rentals can be considerably cheaper, but require that you promptly return them at the end of the semester.
- Payment: Parents have the option to pay for your textbooks and provide your name for in-store pick-up, unless they have the books shipped to your home.
- TIP: Use your Duquesne email address when placing orders to avoid any confusion for you and your parents (especially if there are updates about your order and when the rentals are due for return at the end of the semester).
- Rental Returns: Return your rentals to the bookstore or ship them back for a small fee ($5 UPS flat fee shipping label available for any quanity of books. The fee applies to each label printed).
- Peace of Mind: If a professor or department changes course material, we will work with them and with you on refunds.
*All staff and customers are required to wear appropriate face coverings at all times.