About The Center
The Center of African Studies promotes Duquesne University's constructive engagement with Africa and the African diaspora through teaching, scholarship, and service. It strives to create and encourage opportunities to experience the many rich African traditions and cultures from interdisciplinary and multicultural perspectives.
- To create and promote interdisciplinary academic programs in African Studies and Global Health
- To provide community engagement opportunities for faculty and students with Africa and the African diaspora
- To encourage and support research opportunities in African Studies and Global Health
- To engage the university community in critical discussions through invited speakers and other events on issues related to African Studies and Global Health
- To facilitate, support, and coordinate agreements between Duquesne University and academic institutions in Africa and the African diaspora