SUPPORTING FT FACULTY RESEARCH
The Paluse Faculty Research Grant is an important university-wide internal funding opportunity intended to support scholarly research that reflects the Catholic, Spiritan mission and identity of Duquesne University. Grant awards are for up to $6,000.
- Grants are open to full-time faculty working in any academic discipline.
- They are intended to lead, at minimum, to publication in a reputable peer-reviewed journal.
- Paluse Faculty Research Grants can be used to support a portion of a multi-phase research project, provided the project funded by the Paluse grant is clearly defined and the proposal makes a strong case for the likelihood of future external funding and publication.
- Open to all full-time Duquesne faculty with continuing full-time faculty appointments.
- Faculty are encouraged to pursue collaborative and cross-disciplinary research projects and to submit them for Paluse funding.
- Recipients may teach no more than one summer course for supplementary pay during the summer they hold the grant.
- Previous winners of Paluse Faculty Research Grants are welcome to apply. Proposals must demonstrate research outcomes from previous grants, and applications must show that the current proposal focuses on a new research project.
- Preference will be given to applicants who have not received a Paluse Faculty Research Grant in the last two years.
Nov 18, 2021 Preliminary proposals due
Dec 15, 2021 Applications due- see Guidelines
Feb 1, 2022 Awards announced
June 1, 2023 Report of project outcomes due
Inquiries may be directed to Dr. Kathleen Glenister Roberts
Check out past grant awardees and their projects.