Accepted Students: Next Steps
Once you receive your acceptance letter, follow these steps to prepare for your arrival.
Confirm Your Attendance
- Undergraduate, Graduate, and ESL students: Confirm your attendance and pay your deposit via your application portal.
- Exchange Students: Please email Megan Evangeliste to confirm your attendance.
Receive Your Immigration Documents
- Read and decide how to receive your immigration packet in the mail.
Pay Your SEVIS Fee
- You must pay a SEVIS fee of $350 (F-1 visa) or, $220 (J-1 visa) at www.fmjfee.com with a valid credit card, and a receipt can be printed once the transaction is completed. (Some countries in Africa are unable to use www.fmjfee.com and must apply through the mail for the SEVIS fee receipt.)
- Read the Immigration Information.
Apply for US Visa
- Make an appointment with the US embassy or consulate in your area for a visa interview. You must complete an application for a visa and pay a fee determined by your local Embassy or Consulate.
Setup Your MultiPass
- Setup your MultiPass to access DORI.
Register for Housing
- Complete the online housing survey on DORI.
- Contact Office of Residence Life for housing questions.
Submit Health Records
- Read the International Student Health Requirements.
- Upload the required documents through the Health Service Student Portal. Review the instructions for how to upload documents.
Read the Handbook
- Read the International Student Handbook.
Connect with Students
Talk to a Cultural Ambassador
The Duquesne University Cultural Ambassadors (DUCA) are a student organization that helps build an inviting and inclusive atmosphere for international students at the university. DUCA serves as a resource for prospective international students, current students, and the Center for Global Engagement. Email DUCA with your questions: email@example.com
Join Us on Social Media
- On Facebook, search for "Duquesne's 2020-2021 New International Students"
- On WeChat, search for the group name "duqcca"