The Center can help your research by providing an intellectual space to support research collaboration between faculty, students, and community partners.
Get involved with research in Migration Studies:
- Join the Migration Club.
- Attend a Brown Bag Meeting where you can refine your research for whatever stage it is at.
- Submit research for the Center Awards annualy at the Undergradaute Research Symposium and Graduate Research Symposium.
The Center supports student research affiliated with Migration Studies in the following ways:
- Brown bag lunches among faculty and students to discuss research projects and funding in the area of migration, displacement and community studies: Attend a Brown-Bag
- Sponsorship of an annual award for faculty publication and organization of a public lecture by the faculty member.
- Sponsorship of an annual award at the Undergraduate and Graduate Research Symposium
- Sponsorship of conference attendance for the presentation of a co-authored paper between a faculty member and student
- Hosting of research symposium with an invited external guest speaker annually and Duquesne students and faculty engaged as panelists
- Tracking student theses and papers presented at the Undergraduate and Graduate Research Symposium in the fields of migration, displacement, and community
- Providing Research Assistantships to interested students for course credits
- Providing access to Community-engaged course opportunities