Center for Teaching Excellence
Welcome, New Faculty and Graduate Students!
CTE is excited to meet you at our orientation programs.
In the meantime, check out Getting Started Teaching at Duquesne.
The following workshops and handouts are available online via DORI (multipass required).
- Course and Syllabus Design
- Transparent Assignment Design
- Rubrics To Promote and Assess Student Learning
- James Lang's 2018 Keynote address on Small Teaching
- Faculty Peer Review of Teaching
- Preparing an Effective Case for Third Year Review, Promotion, and Tenure
- Designing Effective Adult Learning Experiences
The Flourishing Academic
Check out The Flourishing Academic. This multi-voice blog features posts on teaching and learning by CTE staff and peer leaders. Please visit often, comment actively, and teach enthusiastically!