Center for Teaching Excellence
CTE helps faculty and graduate student teaching assistants excel as teacher-scholars deeply invested in their students' learning.
Welcome to the Center for Teaching Excellence!
Learn more about our history and values, meet our staff, see our upcoming events, find support for your faculty or graduate careers, celebrate your teaching, and solicit feedback on your teaching. Learn how to best teach and learn at Duquesne with a wide range of resources.
- HyFlex Classrooms - A page dedicated to training and education of HyFlex classrooms at Duquesne
- Hyflex Training and Workshops - An ongoing list of training and educational opportunities around HyFlex
- Hyflex Classroom Attendance Considerations - (Multipass login required). Ideas for who attends your class in person and online.
- TAP 60 - An adminstrative policy for employee rules related to returning to campus during COVID-19 pandemic
- Provost's Office Information on COVID-19 for Faculty - This page is a regularly updated page around relevant information for all Duquesne faculty
- COVID-19 Response Site - Find the latest news, University updates, facts and resources on COVID-19
- Syllabus Points of Inclusion - A running list of considerations for syllabus statements
Resources for NEW Faculty & Teaching Assistants
We welcome all new faculty and teaching assistants to Duquesne University! We encourage you to look at our Getting Started: Teaching at Duquesne page to begin your orientation to teaching and learning as it covers many of the resources, policies, and support needed for your start at Duquesne!
- Orientation to Teaching at Duquesne - The Center for Teaching Excellence offers programs to welcome and orient all who are new to the teaching community at Duquesne, as well as colleagues making the transition to a new role (e.g., moving from adjunct to full-time faculty).
Continuity for Remote Teaching
- Planning for Instructional Change
- Instructional Continuity
- Netiquette for Online Learning
- Resources for Remote Teaching
- A Note from CTE
Another great teaching and learning resource is the K. Patricia Cross Academy video library, which hosts a searchable library of informative videos about teaching techniques that might inspire you or help you address some current dilemmas. The videos are short (2-5 minutes) and contain written supportive materials.
Check out The Flourishing Academic. This multi-voice blog features posts on teaching and learning by CTE staff and peer leaders. Please visit often, comment actively, and teach enthusiastically!