Center for Teaching Excellence
Check out full schedule of Fall 2019 workshops!
Special Guest, Dr. Jenn Weaver comes to Duquesne November 12, 2019!
Creating Inclusive Classrooms in STEM, Power Center Ballroom A, 12:15-1:40pm
Active Learning in a Lecture Hall, College Hall 104, 3:05-4:20pm
Dr. Jenn Weaver is the Associate Director for University Teaching at Caltech's Center for Teaching, Learning and Outreach. Jenn's foci in educational development include active learning, retention in STEM disciplines, inclusive classrooms, and course design. At Caltech, she inaugurated the first course for Caltech faculty on teaching in university STEM and implemented the first short course for Caltech graduate students and post-docs on course design.
Call for Proposals is out for the 2020 Pittsburgh Regional Faculty Symposium!
The following workshops and handouts are available online via DORI (multipass required).
- Documenting Rigor in Teaching
- Understanding Promotion for Non-Tenure Track Faculty at Duquesne
- Course and Syllabus Design
- Transparent Assignment Design
- Rubrics To Promote and Assess Student Learning
- James Lang's 2018 Keynote address on Small Teaching
- Faculty Peer Review of Teaching
- Preparing an Effective Case for Pre-Tenure Review, Promotion, and Tenure
- Designing Effective Adult Learning Experiences