Fall 2021 Schedule at a Glance
All Duquesne faculty, staff, and graduate students are welcome to attend CTE's workshops. Once updated and linked, click on the title of each session to learn more and to register. Contact us at CTE@duq.edu or 412.396.5177 with any questions.
We continue to develop our workshop schedule for the semester, so please check back often for updates.
Inclusive Teaching Challenge
This ongoing program features a monthly newsletter highlighting a particular topic or focus area, providing resources, and suggesting action steps instructors can take toward creating more inclusive and equitable learning experiences. Participate by reading the newsletters and implementing one or more of the action steps suggested. You are encouraged to collaborate with colleagues in action and reflection.
Instructors who participate in the challenge will have the opportunity to enter to win small prizes by logging their work and submitting that information to CTE each month. You are welcome to participate every month, or as you are able. Those who participate the most will be eligible for an additional raffle at the end of the year.
- Thursday, October 14 (3:00-4:15 p.m.)
- Tuesday, Oct. 19 (12:30 - 1:00 p.m.)
- Wednesday, Oct. 20 (11:00 - 11:30 a.m.)
- Thursdays, October 21 and November 4 (12:15-1:15 p.m.)
- Thursday, October 21 (2:00-2:45 p.m.)
Developing a Teaching Portfolio (for graduate students only)
- Thursday, Oct. 28 (12:00 - 1:15 p.m.)
- Tuesday, November 2 (Noon-1:30 p.m.)
- Wednesday, November 3 (2:00 - 3:00 p.m.)
SCALE Workshop - Equitable Environments: Identifying and Addressing Trauma Across Three Aspects of the Academic Environment
- Wednesday, November 3 (1:05-1:35 p.m.) via Zoom
- Thursday, November 4th (10:00-10:40 a.m.)
- Wednesday, November 8th (11 a.m. to noon)
- Wednesday, November 10th (11:00-11:40 a.m.)
- Wednesday, December 1st (4:00-5:30 p.m.)
- Wednesday, Aug. 18 (11 a.m. - noon)
- Tuesday, September 21 (12:15 - 1:15 p.m.)
- Wednesday, September 22 (1 - 2 p.m.)
Writing a Philosophy of Teaching (for graduate students only)
- Wednesday, Sept. 29 (10:00 - 11:00 a.m.)
- Thursday, September 30 (1:45-2:15)
Teaching at its Best, A Book Study in Two Parts (for graduate students only)
- Wednesdays, Sept. 22 and Wednesday October 6 (noon - 1 p.m.)
- Tuesday, October 12 (3:30-4:00) via Zoom