Title IX 50th Anniversary Conference
In celebration of the 50th Anniversary of Title IX, Duquesne University and the Pittsburgh Council on Higher Education (PCHE) are co-sponsoring a Title IX 50th Anniversary Conference on July 19, 2022.
This regional conference is intended for college and university administrators, faculty, and staff who are interested in understanding the history, current landscape, and implementation of Title IX on college and university campuses. Those invited include: Title IX coordinators; diversity, equity, and inclusion personnel; college/university legal representatives; campus and public safety officers; residential life staff; student affairs personnel; athletic directors; health and counseling professionals; and other campus representatives interested in learning more about Title IX.
Date & Time: July 19, 2022, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Location: Duquesne University, Charles J. Dougherty Ballroom
Conference Rates and Registration
Attendees can register online by clicking the button above through July 13th. The cost is $25.00 per attendee, plus an Eventbrite processing fee, and includes a continental breakfast and lunch.
Registration is required.
Speakers and Program Information
Highlighted topics will include:
- Current policy, practices, and protocols of the federal Office for Civil Rights
- Hot topics faced by Title IX Coordinators
- Law enforcement's role in coordinating investigations and supporting survivors
- The intersection between disability and sexual misconduct
- Challenges facing marginalized communities when reporting and the importance of outreach and support
- Effective and ongoing student support through the Title IX process
- Implementing innovative prevention practices across campuses
- The impact of Title IX on athletics
- Making the case for SANEs on every campus
This website will continue to be updated with speaker information and the programming agenda.