It's time for bigger goals.
It's our joy to help you discover what you're good at and why that's good for the world. It's time to become the kind of problem-solver who always thinks bigger—and who's driven by compassion and empathy. As one of Pittsburgh's top universities, we're ready with an education that's everything you need, and more than you imagined.
Find out more:
Brianna came to Duquesne with big plans—earn a Psychology degree with a secondary focus on African Studies, Sociology and Women's and Gender Studies, aiming to make a true difference in her own community and the world. At Duquesne, Brianna benefited from a horizon-expanding education. Her involvement as a community engagement scholar helped to shape her passion for social change and to work with inner city, at risk and marginalized children giving her a new and clearer vantage point in terms of what she was studying and how she could have a bigger impact. After her study abroad experience in Ghana, she called it an "eye-opening experience' and she knew she would be prepared. Brianna's next chapter begins this fall as graduate student in social work.
Visit Duquesne to meet more people like Brianna, and the faculty who can't wait to help you discover your story-and more than you imagined.
A Horizon-Expanding Education
Education is about those moments that move you to a new and clearer vantage point—both in terms of what you're studying and the larger world.
- Discover new possibilities and opportunities provided in one of our 85 undergraduate majors across nine schools
- Small class sizes ensure that you'll be more than just a number, and your professors-prominent scholars in their fields-will know you by name.
Prepared for Anything
If you ask any Duquesne senior how they feel about the next step in their lives, you'll hear the same answer: "Prepared." We'll make sure you gain the professional confidence, impressive experience, and powerful networks you need to start a meaningful career.
- Our deep connections to the Pittsburgh community, businesses and organizations are at your disposal and our great reputation will set you apart.
- You can rely on support while on the Bluff from our innovative Center for Career Development and loyal alumni community. And it doesn't stop post-graduation, the relationships you make here—your Duquesne family—remain supportive, inspiring and endlessly generous.
Our faculty are genuine teacher-scholars, enthusiastic about your future, walking alongside you to help realize your boldest goals. Their curiosity and tenacity drive their research and creativity make their classrooms exciting places to be.
- With a focus on mentorship, they will challenge you. Success isn't just about the grades or the career you're working towards, it's about the person you become along the way.
- Go beyond the surface—look for the bigger story, ask the hard questions and always think what new knowledge and discoveries can impact the world.
Equity and Opportunity Begin at Home
Since our founding in 1878, Duquesne has been dedicated to building a better Pittsburgh. We're deeply embedded in local communities, working side-by-side to address systemic challenges in health, education, legal access and economic development.
- We've worked hard to become a trusted partner to our neighbors—listening and learning, investing the time and energy that authentic collaboration demands.
- Free health screenings, speech language and hearing clinics and music instruction at the City Music Center are just a few examples of how we're living out our mission. Determined to create a future everyone can share in.