Together in the Spirit: Founder's Week 2021
Together in The Spirit
Founders Week 2021
Monday February 1st - Friday February 5th
Monday February 1st
Interfaith Forum (Student Event), 8:00pm Africa Room
- Students will join in socially distanced roundtable discussions on how our university mission calls us to be in dialogue with one another about our varied faith backgrounds
- In collaboration with the Student Interfaith Organization
Tuesday February 2nd
Mass for the Feast of Francis Libermann, noon, Chapel of the Holy Spirit
- Our noon Liturgy will be in celebration of the feast of Spiritan founder Francis Libermann. This even will be open to attend or view via live stream
Virtual Vespers, 4:30pm, Virtual Event
- Traditionally, we close Founders Week with Vespers. This year we will be offering them virtually so that all those working on campus and from home can participate
A Light in the Darkness: Candlemas Celebration, 6pm Academic Walk near Bayer Hall
- It is far too easy to see the darkness and despair today in our culture. We are called in these times to be beacons of hope, a light in the darkness. Join us as we offer our intentions for how we will each be a light in the darkness. In many Christian traditions including Roman Catholic, February 2nd is Candlemas. It is the celebration of light as our days are still very short in this part of the world. Join us as we offer our intentions for 2021 on how we will each be a light in the darkness and place candles on Academic walk. If you are unable to be on campus, please email your intentions to Luci-Jo at email@example.com and we will write down your prayer or intention and place a candle for you.
Wednesday February 3rd
Founders Week Luncheon, Noon via Zoom
- Dr. Joe DeCrosta Executive Director and Senior Officer for the Center for Global Engagement, will be sharing his experiences on how the pandemic allowed him the time and space to connect on a deeper level with his spirituality. Those on campus are welcome to register to pick up a meal to go to eat in their offices while participating in the luncheon!
Thursday February 4th
(SOLD OUT) Movie Night! Making the Most of Being (stuck) Together!
- For many of us the pandemic has brought a LOT of togetherness with family or those with whom we live. While we miss the company of others, it is also important to try to make the most of our time together. To that end, we will be sponsoring a Movie Night of sorts. Students will be able to sign up for movie snack packs for themselves and their roommates or housemates to be picked up on Wednesday for commuter students or Thursday for campus residents. Post a photo of you and your roommates/housemates enjoying your movie snacks and you'll be entered to win a raffle for $100 in Amazon gift cards! If you are interested in placing a snack order for you and those you live with, just email Luci-Jo at firstname.lastname@example.org
Friday February 5th
Moveable Feast, 2nd and 3rd Floors of the Student Union, 12:30pm - 1:30pm
- We will be offering fun snacks spread throughout the Union Concourse and Atrium to celebrate the closing of Founders Week! There will be a few games as well and some great prizes!