Faculty and Staff FAQ
What is the Capstone requirement for Bridges?
The Bridges Common Learning Experience includes a Capstone as a way to ensure every Duquesne undergraduate enjoys an occasion for to integrate, adapt, and apply the knowledge and experience acquired as undergraduate students, as well as reflect on their development as learners in light of the Bridges competencies and learning outcomes. Capstones can take the form of practicums, internships, student research, community engagement, and more. Some capstones can satisfy the Bridges Experiential Learning Opportunity but can also be free-standing.
I've been asked to direct an Individual Capstone. What are my responsibilities in this role?
- assists the student in formulating a plan for their Capstone;
- reviews the student's Capstone Proposal and provides feedback;
- signs the student's Individual Capstone Proposal;
- monitors the student's progress during the project in a manner specified in the Individual Capstone Proposal;
- verifies the student has met the requirements of the Individual Capstone Project and met all required Learning Outcomes and goals as described in the Individual Capstone Proposal by submitting the Verification Form below.
Where do I submit the Individual Capstone proposal?
Email the completed proposal to Dr. Darlene Weaver, Associate Provost for Academic Affairs, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I verify the Individual Capstone activities?
The Capstone plan should include activities that allow you to do so, such as specifying that the student submit verification of hours worked, artifacts for project activities, and so forth.
How do I report that the Individual Capstone was successfully completed?
Working with the student, complete the Individual Capstone Project Verification Form available to Dr. Darlene Weaver, Associate Provost for Academic Affairs, at email@example.com. The Individual Capstone will be recorded for the student in Banner as a Non-course Requirement.
Where do I go with questions?
Questions may be directed to Dr. Darlene Weaver, Associate Provost for Academic Affairs, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or to any member of the Bridges CLE Steering Committee. For a list of members visit the Bridges channel in DORI.