Certificate in Financial Planning
The Executive Certificate in Financial Planning is a graduate certificate program offered to fulfill the education requirement to sit for the CFP® Exam*. The only in person, postgraduate program in the region, it is designed for individuals new to the financial services industry and seasoned professionals. The certificate is particularly appealing to those currently employed in or interested in entering the financial services industry. It provides the skills, training, and knowledge to succeed in the financial services industry, as well as meeting the education required to sit for the CFP® Certification Examination. This schedule allows you to complete your studies in approximately nine months while maintaining a full-time job or taking other courses in degree programs.
Duquesne University does not certify individuals. The CFP® mark is granted solely by Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards Inc. to individuals who, in addition to completing an educational requirement such as this CFP Board-Registered Program, have met ethics, experience, and examination requirements.
- Graduate Executive Education certificate from Duquesne University Graduate School of Business
- A CFP® Board registered and approved education program
- Live, 100% in-person instruction
- Successful completion of the curriculum allows participants to sit for the CFP® Certification Examination
- Scroll down for more information and FAQ.
Live One-Hour Informational webinars will be presented by the Program Director to show you how to turbo-charge your career.
- Practical benefits of CFP® certification
- How to earn your CFP® certification
- Program specifics
- Question-and-answer session
Please e-mail Jennifer Milcarek at milcarekjFREEDUQUESNE for the upcoming information session dates.
The Executive Certificate in Financial Planning program is approved by the following:
GI Bill or VA education benefits; please contact us for more information about this opportunity.
More in this Program
Acceptance is considered for individuals who have completed an undergraduate program of study and who demonstrate the ability to succeed in a rigorous, accelerated program of study. This program follows all university guidelines for non-discrimination.
- Fill out the online application
- Set up your Duquesne applicant account
- Submit a current resume - via applicant account or send directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit an official transcript from your undergraduate institution - via applicant account or send directly to email@example.com. Most schools have a digital delivery system for official transcripts. Go to your institution's registrar page for those specifics.
- Applications will be reviewed after all required documents are received. If accepted, your place in the next cohort is secure when a deposit is received.
Curriculum and Course Descriptions
Frequently Asked Questions
Tuition for our program is $5,295 plus books and materials (books are not included in the tuition and are purchased by the student directly from Kaplan Financial. Duquesne University does not sell the books).
- Payment must be paid in full before the first class and by established deadlines unless you enroll in the University approved payment plan. This payment plan option carries a sign-up fee and an interest charge for the subsequent two monthly payments.
- There is no University or Federal Financial Aid available for this program.
- This program is considered non-credit and part-time and will not qualify for loan deferrals while enrolled.
- There is no third party or corporate billing. If an employer is willing to cost share or cover a portion or all of the tuition, the student will need to make arrangements for payment in full by the deadline with his/her employer. Tuition invoices will be made directly to the student only.
- Students should evaluate their own financial means for payment before applying.
- Related expenses not covered in tuition might include: campus or nearby parking costs, food and beverages, transportation expenses, financial calculator, internet access device for required online assessments (quizzes, case studies, final exams).
- This program is a registered and approved program by the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc. which owns the marks CFP®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERTM, and CFP (with flame logo)®, which it awards to individuals who successfully complete initial and ongoing certification requirements
- The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Insurance Department to award continuing education insurance credits in accordance with the guidelines set forth by the Continuing Education Program. (There are fees for this.)
- GI Bill or VA education benefits; please contact us for more information about this opportunity.