Emerging Leaders Program
The Emerging Leaders Program is a growth opportunity for professionals of all genders to assume and expand leadership roles within their organization and community. The program is a three-month learning journey that features two in-person immersive sessions, virtual modules, and networking events connecting current participants with graduates of Duquesne's leadership programs. Topics are delivered from renowned faculty and industry experts.
- Leading Self and Others
- Expanding Your Influence
- Critical Conversations - Giving and Receiving Feedback
- Effective Presentations
- Strategic Thinking and Leading Change
- Individualized Professional Coaching (optional)
Impacts and Outcomes
- Leverage your vision and values to more effectively lead
- Deepen your professional network
- Develop your ability to influence and lead change
- Enhance your capacity to communicate with clarity and confidence
- Synthesize diverse perspectives to create a culture where people will thrive
- March 15: Kick-off (11:30am – 5:00pm – in-person)
- March 29: Session 1 (8:30am – 12:00pm – live virtual)
- April 12: Session 2 (2:00pm – 5:30pm & Happy Hour 5:30pm – 6:30pm – in-person)
- April 19: Session 3 (8:30am – 12:00pm – live virtual)
- May 3: Session 4 (8:30am – 12:00pm – live virtual)
- May 17: Session 5 (8:30am – 1:30pm – in-person)
$3,295 per participant
The fee includes training materials, DiSC assessments and meals.
Duquesne University and Online
In-person- March 15, 2023 from 11:30am - 5pm (lunch included)
- Take a behavioral profile self-assessment to identify specific behavior strengths and limitations.
- Explore how behavioral style influences the ability to communicate, collaborate and lead others.
Live online- March 29, 2023 from 8:30am - Noon
- The ability to influence is an essential skill that effective leaders call upon daily.
- Learn strategies and techniques for building your influence, the importance of defining your personal brand and best practices for cultivating your ability to influence across the organization.
In-person- April 12, 2023 from 2:00pm - 5:30pm and 5:30pm - 6:30pm
- Learn how to have difficult conversations in the workplace that produce desirable results.
- Explore how to give and receive feedback in the best ways possible, and learn the psychology behind handling critical feedback in both directions.
- Network with past and present participants of Duquesne Emerging Women's Leadership Program and Women's Executive Leadership program.
Live online- April 19, 2023 from 8:30am - Noon
- Learn the key components to creating and delivering clear and confident presentations.
- Gain tools and tips to help you prepare an effective presentation and capitalize on the opportunities that giving presentations provides.
Live online- May 4, 2023 from 8:30am - Noon
- Develop the skills you need to think strategically and learn how to employ a practical framework for strategic decision making.
- Learn how to reduce the resistance that inevitably accompanies change as well as strategies for accelerating the change process.
In-person- May 17, 2023 from 8:30am - 1:30pm (lunch included)
- Gain a deeper understanding of the importance of having an inclusive work environment where diversity is valued and celebrated.
- Challenge your unconscious bias and learn strategies for how to build diverse teams.