Challenge the Status Quo and Explore the One-Year MBA
The top-ranked One-Year MBA program at Duquesne integrates sustainable business practices throughout the curriculum, and equips you with experiential learning and competitive expertise in just one year. Located in Pittsburgh, this future-focused MBA degree connects you to a variety of business management careers including sustainable business development around the world.
The Duquesne University One-Year MBA program is among less than 5% of the world's business programs accredited by AACSB International.
Our Innovative One-Year MBA Degree
Duquesne's one-year MBA concentrates your learning on what matters most: hands-on consulting experiences, collaborative management challenges and an unwavering commitment to global sustainability. Building on the United Nations' Principles for Responsible Management Education (PRME), Duquesne sets you apart from other MBA degree holders with dynamic case competitions, an international study program and leadership development opportunities.
With a One-Year MBA, you have the flexibility to pursue a variety of business management roles, including ones affiliated with sustainability-focused organizations, initiatives or products. Our graduates go on to hold leadership offices with nationally and globally recognized organizations like Deloitte, FedEx Ground, Herman Miller and U.S. Steel.
A One-Year MBA Experience
The one-year MBA program, based in Pittsburgh, starts in late May of each year on a full-time, daytime schedule. As a student, you will:
- Learn how to integrate sustainability in all dimensions of business
- Build on the expertise of top-ranked, industry professional faculty
- Develop innovative solutions for three client organizations with hands-on consulting projects that analyze situations, identify opportunities and integrate the triple bottom line
- Tackle MBA Case Competitions to hone your analytical and presentation skills
- Gain perspectives on global sustainability during your international study trip
- Apply leadership strategies to instill positive change in sustainable development
- Advance your career with targeted resources created for your success
Required Credit Hours
One-Year MBA Admissions
If you have any questions about merit funding or the competitiveness of your application, please contact Chris%20Rouhier, Sr. Director of Recruitment and Admissions
Admission Dealines for Merit Scholarships
Completed application received by November 1
Admissions and merit based award notification made by November 15
Completed application received by February 1
Admissions and merit based award notification made by February 15
Completed application received after February 15
International Study Trip
Integral to the Global Business course, the cohort takes a 10-day international study trip over spring break. The trip combines company visits, client project presentations, and cultural experiences exploring sustainability initiatives applied to major industries in that country.
- 2019 Trip to Spain: Focus on the pharmaceutical and chemical industries
- 2018 Trip to Peru: Focus on the mining industry
- 2017 Trip to Denmark and Estonia: Focus on the digital transformation of sustainability
Read more about our students' experiences abroad.
Most of the trip costs are covered by tuition. However, students are responsible for
airfare, some meals, and any personal shopping/incidentals. Note: since the cohort travels together, airfare must be purchased through our travel
partner at the group rate.