The totality of your application, including all supporting documents, is carefully evaluated when considering admission. Below are the deadlines for submitting the Online Application, including all supporting documents and test scores. We will complete the review of your application after all requirements have been received.
The Master of Science in Supply Chain Management program and Master's Certificate in Supply Chain Management accepts students in the fall semester. As an applicant, you have the opportunity to complete the program at a part-time pace.
Applicants who are not pursuing graduate assistantships may apply to the MS-SCM until the start of classes. Applicants are reviewed on a rolling basis. Typically, admission decisions are released within 5-7 business days of an applicant submitting all required materials.
Deadlines for Graduate Assistantships
Fall Entry - Students who wish to be considered for graduate assistantships are advised to complete their applications no later than February 1.
Booming job outlook
Estimates are that firms will be looking to fill approximately 1.4 million jobs through 2018 or roughly 270,000 positions annually. Driving this high growth job market are increasing supply chain complexity and sophistication as well as rapidly evolving technologies.
Tremendous career opportunities
Our MSSCM program will prepare you for supply chain leadership roles in various industries, including consulting, manufacturing, distribution, retail and services. That includes preparing you to successfully pursue important professional certificates:
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certification
- Institute for Supply Management Certified Professional in Supply Management
- APICS Certified in Planning and Inventory Management
- APICS Certified Supply Chain Professional
- APICS SCOR Professional
- Institute of Business Forecasting and Planning - Certified Professional Forecaster
As a graduate of our program, you can step into a variety of upper-level supply chain management positions, including:
- Inventory Manager
- Distribution Manager
- Procurement Manager
- Director of Supply Chain Operations
- Senior Product Manager
- Director of Supply Management
- Performance Improvement Director
- Director of Logistics
- Supply Chain Director/Manager
- Vice President/General Manager
- Corporate/Division Manager
- Gain a powerful network
Our alumni are eager to assist you with career advice and opportunities for employment. More than 86,000 Duquesne alumni are in all 50 states and nearly every nation.
A complete application includes all of the following
Duquesne students and alumni: The registrar will send official transcripts for current students or alumni who have graduated within the past 5 years. For students who have graduated beyond 5 years, you can request your transcript through Duquesne's Registrar.
Other US-based university/college students and alumni: Contact your school's registrar office to have your official transcript sent via email (grad-busFREEDUQUESNE) or via post to:
Palumbo-Donahue School of Business
600 Forbes Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15282
* You will need to request official transcripts from all colleges and/or universities you have attended. This includes transfer coursework earned at any institution, even if you did not earn a degree.
All prior experience, including internships, is weighted heavily in the application review.
Please submit a separate essay for each of the questions presented below. Limit your responses to 250 words or less for each essay. Save and upload your responses as one document. Applicants who do not submit their essays in the proper format, or who do not address the question prompts, may be asked to re-write and resubmit their essays.
- Please provide a summary of your academic and professional background, current career endeavors, motivation for pursuing a graduate business education and future career goals.
- The Palumbo-Donahue School of Business is in 'The Business of Difference Making." Explain what this means to you and how you would contribute to this goal as a student and eventually as an alumnus(a).
You may choose to submit a GMAT or GRE score if you do not think your work experience or academic performance accurately reflects your potential for success in graduate study.
Although the GMAT/GRE are not required for admission, they may be required for consideration for merit-based funding opportunities.
International Students: English Proficiency Requirements
TOEFL scores must be sent directly from the ETS website. Duquesne's institution code for the TOEFL is 2196, and the department code is 02. We require a TOEFL score earned within 12 months (one year) from the time of application. The minimum score for TOEFL is 90.
IELTS scores must be sent directly from the IELTS website. We require an IELTS score earned within 12 months (one year) from the time of application. The minimum score for IELTS is 7.
DET scores must be sent directly from the Duolingo website. We require a DET score earned within 12 months (one year) from the time of application. The minimum score for DET is 115.
100% Online Master's Programs
All three courses are required
- Introduction to Supply Chain Management (SCM)
- Introduction to SCM Information Systems
- Business Analytics for Decision Making
Select two courses
- Supply Chain Process Improvement
- Forecasting and Demand Management
- Managing Inventory in the Supply Chain
- Supply Management
- Global Fulfillment-Transportation and Distribution
- Sustainable Supply Chains