A bachelor's degree in engineering, science, or clinical field is required. Those without such preparation will be reviewed individually.
The Admissions Committee looks forward to reviewing your application. Please ensure that you submit a complete application with all items listed below. Applications that are missing any of the following items cannot be considered for an admissions decision.
Applications are processed and reviewed on a rolling basis. Applications will be accepted up to one month before the start of classes for that particular semester (fall, spring, summer).
- Duquesne University application for graduate study. There is no fee required to submit your application.
- A statement of purpose, approximately 250 words, regarding reasons and motivation for attending the program, in addition to any specific research topics of interest. You will upload this to your application.
- All official transcripts sent directly from the university Registrar's Office for programs completed within the United States.
- Two letters of recommendation from academic professional mentors. The application will prompt you for their contact information, and will generate an email to that person with directions on how to complete the recommendation.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS ONLY - Your application package must also contain the following:
- Official Internet-based (iBT) TOEFL scores that are current to one year. Before classes begin, International students and any non-native speakers of the English language (including Lawful Permanent Residents) will be required to take the Speaking Proficiency English Assessment Kit (SPEAK) test. On occasion students with exceptionally high speaking portions of the TOEFL may be waived from the SPEAK test.
- Duquesne University Affidavit of Support Form completed in full and an official bank statement. The affidavit of support form is a legal document that a student's sponsor must complete and have notarized and certified. The bank statement must be from the sponsor and show at least one full year of costs. Estimates of costs for the academic year are available from our Office of International Programs.
- International Student Form
- If your undergraduate and/or graduate degrees are from an institution located outside of the United States, you must use a transcript credential evaluation service to obtain a course-by-course report. The official reports must be sent directly to Duquesne University from the organization you order through and will qualify as official transcripts.
Contact Justine%20Valenti at (412) 396-2662.