Get ready to become a 1L!
The Duquesne University Thomas R. Kline School of Law of Duquesne University faculty will provide a summer program for incoming 1Ls to help with the transition to law school. A series of fully online asynchronous seminars hosted by our faculty will include the following topics:
Introduction to the Legal System
- Sources of law and the court system
Preparing for Class
- Critical Reading Skills
- Reading Case Law and Briefing
- Note Taking
- Rule-based reasoning
- Analogical reasoning
Law School Assessments and Exam Taking
- Format of Law School Exams
The program is open to all incoming Duquesne Law 1L's, free of charge. Professor Herman will also offer "Meet the Faculty" virtual live sessions to provide students with an informal opportunity to ask questions. JD Jumpstart will open by June 15, 2022. No registration is required.
How to access JD Jumpstart in Canvas
1. Set up your MultiPass Account if you have not done so.
2. Log into DORI using your MultiPass
3. Click on Quick Links in the upper right-hand corner
4. Select "Canvas"
5. Click on "Modules" to access JD Jumpstart
If you have any questions, please contact Dean of Students, Ella Kwisnek at email@example.com.
Spring & Summer Admitted Students Programs
- Hispanic American Bar Association | Tuesday, May 3 @ 6 p.m.
- Black Law Student Association | Wednesday, May 4 @ 7 p.m.
- Student Bar Association | Wednesday, May 11 @ 6 p.m.
- Part-Time Evening Students | Wednesday, May 18 @ 6 p.m. [Video Recording]
Information Sessions and Q&A:
- Career Services Office and Q&A with Maria Comas, Esq. | Monday, May 16 @ 6 p.m.
- If you watch the video below and attend this session, the Director of Career Services, Maria Comas, will review a draft of your legal resume between June 1-30. Instructions are provided in the video; minute 11:45.
- Jumpstart Information Session and Q&A with Professor Herman | Monday, May 23 @ 6 p.m.
Feel free to reach%20out to any member of the Admissions staff if you have questions or concerns. We are here to assist you.