Our undergraduate programs will provide you with a solid foundation and sound knowledge of the central areas of theology. Alumni from the theology department go on to graduate school in a variety of fields, including law school, philosophy, theology, education, and pastoral studies. Many students choose an undergraduate degree in theology to supplement their primary degree. We offer four undergraduate degree programs:
- Practice the methods of theological scholarship and develop religious literacy in a contemporary age.
- Engage Christian theological traditions in conversation with different cultures, religions, philosophies, and social contexts.
- Develop ethical awareness through theological studies.
- Demonstrate attitudes, values, and skills for identifying and addressing civic issues as agents of change with others.
Educational and Career Advantages
- Provides a complement to other humanities and professional fields.
- Helps develop the ability to communicate and think critically about religious beliefs and values.
- Contributes to a balanced intellectual background, including study of the importance of religion for Individual and public life and the impact of theology on human society, past and present.
- Develop religious literacy for navigating the contours of contemporary life.