M.S. in Forensic Science and Law
The M.S. in Forensic Science and Law aims to provide exemplary forensic science education in Criminalistics, advanced scientific analysis and innovative economic opportunity for the promotion of truth and justice in our community, state and nation.
This unique degree incorporates a curriculum that balances breadth and depth of scholarly coursework that incorporates the logic and workings of the criminal justice system. Coursework covers the theoretical underpinnings of the biological and physical sciences- as used in the collection, analysis, interpretation, reporting, and testimony of evidence. Students of the graduate program,
- Develop critical thinking skills
- Present research findings at forensic science society seminars
- Publish thesis research in peer reviewed forensic science journals
- Maintain the ethical and professional standards of the profession of forensic science
- Prepare for future employment in forensic science laboratory careers