Summer Semester Experience
Get a head start.
The Gussin Spiritan Division's (GSD) dynamic summer semester is a mandatory 5-week program that includes a 4-week online component from late June through late July (est. June 27 - July 24, 2020) as well as an on-campus, residential session that begins the week prior to orientation (est. August 9, 2020).
This first-year program creates community and builds the skills students need to be academically successful. Before the fall semester even begins, students will:
- Get a head start on their college experience
- Earn credits by taking two 1-credit classes
- Get to know Duquesne faculty
- Become familiar with campus and downtown Pittsburgh
- Make friends and get community support...even before school starts!
These GSD courses help students to develop computing skills as well as techniques for better time management, note-taking, test preparation and test-taking:
- Strategies for Academic Success
- Research and Information Skills