Overall Acceptance Rates
PMHPP Medical and Health Professions School Acceptance Rates 2015-2020
Acceptance into graduate medical, dental, and other health professional schools is very competitive, but over the last five years, Duquesne University's PMHPP students have been accepted to professional schools at rates that consistently exceed the national averages. The data below represent the five-year average acceptance rates for our PMHPP students (combined undergraduate and post-baccalaureate students).
- Medicine (MD & DO combined) - 80% [National MD & DO Average for same time period - 37.4%]
- Dental Medicine - 75% [National Dental Medicine Average- 51.8%]
- Veterinary Medicine - 100% [National Veterinary Medicine Average for same time period - 50%]
- Podiatric Medicine - 100% [National Podiatric Medicine Average for same time period - 57.6%]
- Physician Assistant - 72.7% [National PA School Average for same time period - 32.6%]
- Optometry - 100% [National Optometry School Average for same time period - 70.8%]
- Physical Therapy - 100% [National PT School Average for same time period - 53.8%]
- Post-Baccalaureate Nursing - 100% [No national data available]
- Public Health - 100% [No national data available]
NOTE: The PMHPP tracks data and outcomes only those students officially enrolled in either our Post-Secondary and Post-Baccalaureate Certificate Programs, and data reported do not represent other Duquesne University students who may apply to graduate medical and/or other advanced graduate health professional schools/programs.