Overall Acceptance Rates
PMHPP Medical and Health Professions School
Our students' futures are bright beyond Duquesne. Acceptance into graduate medical, dental and other health professional schools is very competitive, and our PMHPP students are prepared to succeed.
2022 Acceptance Rates
Above average acceptance rates
Over the past seven years, Duquesne University's PMHPP students have been accepted to professional schools at rates that consistently exceed the national averages.
- Medicine (MD & DO combined)—DU: 81.97%; national: 37.2%
- Dental Medicine—DU: 77.78%; national: 51.8%
- Veterinary Medicine—DU: 100%; national: 50%
- Podiatric Medicine—DU: 100%; national: 57.6%
- Physician Assistant—DU: 72.92%, national: 32.6%
- Optometry—DU: 100%; national: 70.8%
- Physical Therapy—DU: 100%; national: 53.8%
- Post-Baccalaureate Nursing—DU: 100%; national data unavailable
- Public Health—DU: 100%; national data unavailable
- Naturopathic Medicine—DU: 100%; national data unavailable
This data combines undergraduate and post-baccalaureate students. The PMHPP tracks data and outcomes only those students officially enrolled in our Post-Secondary and Post-Baccalaureate Certificate Programs. Data reported does not represent other Duquesne University students who may apply to graduate medical and/or other advanced graduate health professional schools/programs.