What Qualifications do I need for PMHPP?
You may apply and be admitted directly into the PMHPP when you apply to the University. Prospective freshman students must meet the following requirements to be accepted:
- SAT 1240 (Math + Evidence Based Reading and Writing) or 26 ACT
- 3.5 or higher high school GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Admitted to an academic major at the University
How do I Apply?
If you meet our qualifications, then you must check the PMHPP box on the Duquesne undergraduate application when applying to the University to be reviewed for admission into the program.
If you do not currently meet the freshman admission standards, don't worry, you may apply later, after at least one semester of enrollment, through the Secondary Admission process. Secondary Admission applications are accepted at the end of each semester, and are described here. If you are a student at Duquesne, you should talk to your advisor about your interest and intent to apply.
Undergraduate Student Retention Standards:
Undergraduate student retention standards are the same for all students in the PMHPP regardless of pathway for admission. A full description of this policy may be found in the PMHPP Student Handbook.
- 3.0 Cumulative GPA and 3.0 Semester GPA
- No grade lower than "C" in any course
- 3.0 Cumulative and 3.0 Semester Math/Science GPA
- 3.0 Cumulative and 3.0 Semester Science GPA
- Consistent enrolllment and passing grades in all PMHP and PBPM courses
- Continual progress to acquire professional pre-requisites