Your Summer at Duquesne
New campus, new classes, new adventures - plus special summer savings
Welcome to Duquesne! We're excited to offer new and transfer students two huge opportunities to save during the summer months:
All incoming freshmen and transfer students get 50% off the tuition rate when taking a minimum of 12 credits (four, 3-credit courses) during the summer months.
Complimentary Campus Housing
While you're taking classes (at least part-time enrollment), you can live in campus housing at no charge - just pay for the meal plan.
Spend your summer in a safe, park-like setting, just steps from downtown Pittsburgh. Meet new, life-long friends; get ahead on classes; learn your way around campus early, and experience the beauty and excitement of our city in the summertime.
Summer Class Options
Duquesne students can choose from 13 different summer course sessions:
- Range from 3-12 weeks long
- May and June start dates
- One-credit online classes available (including Research and Information Skills)
- Available for new international students if taking courses towards degree curriculum. ESL courses excluded.
Summer Program Options
Gussin Spiritan Division (2 weeks)
The Gussin Spiritan Division (GSD) summer program offers additional support for new first-year students through a planned class schedule and activities. GSD courses help students improve writing skills and learn techniques for better time management, note-taking, test preparation and test-taking:
- Essential Questions (3 cr.)
- Research and Information Skills (1 cr.)
- Strategies for Academic Success (1 cr.)
- Introduction to University Success (1 cr.)
Fun summer activities are included in the schedule, too!
The GSD program is packaged at a significantly reduced rate and includes six credits, housing, a meal plan and books. There are two ways to participate:
- Be accepted into the year-long GSD program
- Enroll in the program as a non-GSD student just for the summer start
New! Gumberg Library Fellows Program
The Gumberg Library Fellows program is available for five incoming undergraduate students who are interested in jump-starting their DU experience. The summer-long program includes:
- A summer work-study job at the Duquesne Gumberg Library
- Valuable, real-world experience
- Free parking on campus*
Applications are due May 10, 2022.
*Gumberg Library Fellows who are also taking at least 12 credits can also take advantage of our reduced summer tuition rates and complimentary housing with the purchase of a meal plan