Afokoghene OkpozoAssistant Professor
Rangos School of Health Sciences
Physician Assistant Studies
Rangos School 425
Education:Ph.D., University of Maryland
M.B.B.S., University of Benin, Nigeria
Community Health and Preventive medicine
Organizational LeadershipCommunity Health, Ethical Leadership, and Transformational Leadership Practices.
Ennis, M., Gong, T., & Okpozo, A. (2016) Examining the Mediating Roles of Affective Commitment and Normative Commitment in the Relationship between Transformational Leadership Practices and Turnover Intention of Government Employees. International Journal of Human Resource Development, doi.org/10.1080/01900692.2016.1256894
Okpozo A., Gong, T., & Ennis, M. (2017) Investigating the Impact of Ethical Leadership on Aspects of Burnout. Leadership & Organization Development Journal DOI: 10.1108/LODJ-09-2016-0224
• Pathophysiology I and II
• Lab Instructor Gross Anatomy
• Master's Independent Research
1) Improvement of health safety practices and prevention of infectious and communicable diseases;
2) Application of ethical methods for tracking leadership behaviors and effectiveness;
3) Development and application of ethical leadership practices for the amelioration of burnout factors among medical practitioners.