School of Pharmacy
Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences
Education:Ph.D., Pharmaceutics, University of Kentucky
B.S., Pharmacy, Duquesne University
Dr. Drennen's research involves development of methods for enhancing pharmaceutical manufacturing efficiency and improving product quality. From risk assessment to process control, Dr. Drennen's team counsels both industry and regulatory authorities on the analytical technologies, quality by design strategy, and lean manufacturing methods that are necessary for a competitive operation. Graduate students with Dr. Drennen experience a unique opportunity for interacting with industrial scientists and regulators to gain the skills and experience for success in the scientific job market.
#MeetTheProfessors YouTube Series: Dr. James Drennen
- Igne B., Talwar S., Anderson C.A., Drennen J.K., 2012. Online Monitoring of Pharmaceutical Materials Using Multiple NIR Sensors-Part II: Blend End-Point, Journal of Pharmaceutical Innovation, 2013, 8(1), 45-55.
- Bondi, R.W.; Igne, B.; Drennen, J.K.; Anderson, C.A.; Effect of Experimental Design on the Prediction Performance of Calibration Models Based on Near-Infrared Spectroscopy for Pharmaceutical Applications. Applied Spectroscopy, 2012, 66 (12), 1442-1453
- Shi, Z.; Igne, B.; Bondi, R.W.; Drennen, J.K.; Anderson, C.A.; Calibration Transfer from Pharmaceutical Powder Mixtures to Compacts Using the Prediction Augmented Classical Least Squares (PACLS) Method. Applied Spectroscopy, 2012, 66 (9), 1075-1081
- Zacour, B.M.; Drennen III, J.K.; Anderson, C.A.; Development of a fluid bed granulation design space using critical quality attribute weighted tolerance intervals. Journal of pharmaceutical Sciences, 2012, 101(8), 2917-2929
- Zacour, B.M.; Drennen, J.K.; Anderson, C.A.; Hybrid Controls Combining First-Principle Calculations with Empirical Modeling for Fully Automated Fluid Bed Processing. Journal of Pharmaceutical Innovation, 2012, 7(3-4), 140-150
- Palermo, R.N.; Short, S.M.; Anderson, C.A.; Tian, H.; Drennen, J.K.; Determination of Figures of Merit for Near-Infrared, Raman and Powder X-ray Diffraction by Net Analyte Signal Analysis for a Compacted Amorphous Dispersion with Spiked Crystallinity. Journal of Pharmaceutical Innovation, 2012, 7(2), 47-55
- Ryanne N. Palermo, Carl A. Anderson, James K. Drennen III; Review: Use of Thermal, Diffraction, and Vibrational Analytical Methods to Determine Mechanisms of Solid Dispersion Stability. Journal of Pharmaceutical Innovation, 2012, 7(1), 2-12