How to Apply
Artists of all media are welcome to submit their work. The legacy of August Wilson enhances art forms including, but not limited to:
- Visual Arts (sculpture, painting, drawing, public installations)
Duration of the residency is flexible, but must occur while classes are in session during the academic year (Fall or Spring semesters). Please consult application deadlines below for respective semesters.
Submit the following materials either as separate documents or combined into one or more documents as specified below:
- A cover letter stating your interest in and qualifications for the fellowship
- A project description of your current and anticipated work and what you will work on during your residency
- A brief biographical note
- Two to three samples of your work, published or unpublished
- Names and contact information for two professional references
Applications are due by November 15, 2019.
A committee composed of representatives from the August Wilson House and from Duquesne University will review submissions and select finalists. The committee may consult with academic department heads or other experts at Duquesne University for their evaluation of finalists, and applications and committee deliberations are held in the strictest confidence. The review process begins on the day of the submission deadline and continues over a course of two weeks.
The recipient of the Spring 2020 Duquesne University/August Wilson House Fellowship will be announced December 15, 2019.