Zoom Meetings is a web conferencing solution that meets a wide variety of collaboration needs. Zoom Meetings is used for collaborating outside of the classroom environment. Examples of use include distance meetings, digital office hours, video calls, and remote interviews. Participants are invited individually by email with a meeting link. View the resources below to learn more.
Maintaining Zoom Privacy
We recommend the following steps to help maintain the privacy of your Zoom meetings:
- Password protect your meeting.
- Only enable participant sharing when you have a need for it.
- Use a waiting room.
- Lock your meeting room after all students/participants have joined.
View best practices for maintaining Zoom privacy for step-by-step instructions on the above suggestions.
Keep these steps on stopping a Zoombombing handy so that you know what to do in the event that it happens during one of your meetings.
Previous Zoom Training Resources
Getting Started with Zoom
Beyond the Lecture: Engaging Students with Zoom
If you've not accessed Zoom previously, begin by visiting https://duq.zoom.us and clicking the Sign in button to login with your Multipass credentials.
After logging into Zoom for the first time, staff and students can use Zoom to host their own meetings outside of Blackboard or join meetings created by others. Faculty can use Zoom both inside and outside of Blackboard. View the instructions under Learning to Use Zoom to learn more.
Learn to Use Zoom
To learn how to get started and use all of the Zoom Meetings features, view the resources linked below:
Hosting a Zoom Meeting
- Hosting a Zoom Meeting inside of Blackboard (faculty only)
- Hosting a Zoom Meeting outside of Blackboard (faculty, staff, and students)
- Hosting Office Hours in Zoom
Host Tools & Activities
- Breakout Rooms
Pre-Assigning Breakout Rooms
Allowing Students to Choose their Breakout Room New!
- Attendance & Poll Reports
- Whiteboard and Annotations
- Nonverbal Feedback in the Participants Panel
- Writing & Performing Calculations for an Online Audience
- Avoiding Zoom Fatigue
- Requiring Zoom Recording Registration
Participating in a Zoom Meeting
- Student Zoom FAQ
- Participating in a Zoom Meeting
- Participating in a Zoom Meeting via an iPhone
- Zoom Etiquette
24x7 support is provided by Zoom.