Apply for a Position
The Writing Center offers positions for both undergraduate and graduate students. These positions include:
- undergraduate writing consultant (10-15 hours/week)
- graduate business writing consultant (10 hours/week)
- graduate ESL writing consultant (15 hours/week)
- graduate science writing consultant (10 hours/week)
- graduate consultant for the Online Writing Center (8 hours/week)
- graduate consultant for the Online Writing Center (15 hours/week)
- social media/website coordinator (5 hours/week)
How to apply
If you are interested in working as a writing consultant at the University Writing Center, please complete an online application. With your application, you will be asked to submit a
academic, research-based writing sample
If you are interested in working as the social media/website coordinator at the University Writing Center, please complete an online application.
Please combine files together in a single PDF, DOC, or DOCX file.
If you have questions or would like additional information about applying to work at the Writing Center, please contact the Director, Dr. Jim Purdy, at 412.396.1293 or email@example.com.