Rankings & Recognition
Duquesne University's approach to business education is based on a philosophy that responsible, ethical leadership in business creates a better society for all. The program expands beyond the classroom learning into boardroom leadership, workplace integrity and community action. This innovative approach has distinguished Duquesne and earned the Palumbo-Donahue School of Business numerous recognitions from highly respected, independent bodies.
We have earned these distinctions based upon our legacy of producing ethical leaders, providing innovative curricula, attracting the highest caliber of students and retaining exceptional faculty revered for their scholarly excellence and practical expertise.
The Palumbo-Donahue School of Business is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business International (AACSB). Since 1962, when the School became the first in the region to earn this elite ranking, we have met the standards of excellence for institutions worldwide that deliver the highest quality education to business students. Less than five percent of the more than 16,000 schools worldwide granting business degrees have earned AACSB Accreditation. AACSB-accredited schools produce graduates who are highly skilled and more desirable to employers than other non-accredited schools.
Corporate Knights, a Canadian publication devoted to sustainability and business, ranked our MBA Sustainable Business Practices #5 in the U.S. and #13 in the world.
The School is among the first 100 endorsers of the Principles of Responsible Management Education (PRME), a United Nations-backed initiative promoting environmental stewardship, human rights and fair trade practices in business education.
Guide to Online Schools named our MS in Management in its list of Top 25 Online Colleges for Value.
Duquesne ranks among the best when it comes to preparing students for sales careers, according to the Sales Education Foundation (SEF). Less than 3% of the nation's colleges and universities offer sales programs, which means that our graduates are exceptionally well-prepared for professional sales positions.
Poets and Quants for Undergrads ranks Duquesne among the country's top 75 undergraduate business programs. The ranking is based on school-reported data and a detailed representative nationwide survey of alumni.
- Our School of Business soared in the Bloomberg Businessweek's ranking of undergraduate Business Schools to #55 in the nation. This latest ranking places us in the top five statewide.
- In the latest graduate school rankings by U.S. News & World Report, our Professional MBA leaped ahead by 15 slots. Ours is among the top 8 highest ranked programs in all of Pennsylvania and among the top 3 in our region.
- Our MS in Management is included in the Top 100 Best online Graduate Business Programs by U.S. News & World Report.
- Our Graduate School is among Princeton Review's Best 267 Business Schools, 2018 edition.
- Approved as a certified School for internal auditing by the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA). Of the 30+ USA-based schools on the global certification list, ours is currently the only IIA-certified accounting program in the state of Pennsylvania.