Sophisticated Technology that Prepares Students to Enter the Investment Profession
The Duquesne University Investment Center operates under a continuously updated technology and operational infrastructure.
At the Center, you will find:
- Twenty computers equipped with traditional software applications as well as custom software by BridgeStation, an industry leader in trading room technology. Through this software, students have access to real-time data on worldwide stock, bond, futures, options and currency markets.
- Databases supplied by Bloomberg®, Reuters®, Morningstar®, WRDS®, Ibbotson®, Compustat®, CSI® and KLD®, each of which provides extensive historical data and current information to support investment research.
- Video display technology that allows instructors to demonstrate applications and capture data while students observe and learn the processes.
- A dedicated staff, including a full time professional manager to assist students in using the technology.
- A tickertape display of stock prices listing real-time transactions.
- Flat screen monitors that broadcast financial news reports throughout the day.
- International time zone displays for London, Hong Kong, Tokyo and New York.
An operating schedule that was established based upon student feedback and makes the Center available at least sixty-four hours per week for student access.