Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the time commitment required for study outside of the classroom?
There is a significant amount of time and effort required to participate in this program. There is no formula to provide an exact amount of time but estimates and anecdotal evidence suggests approximately 7-10 hours per week.
How long is the program?
We offer two separate cohorts start dates each year - April and September. Each cohort will run for nine (9) months ending in May and December respectively.
What is the program format?
The program is delivered 100% in person on the Duquesne University campus conducted Friday evenings 5 to 9 p.m. and Saturdays 8.45 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. The cohort calendar is established to run every other weekend in this format. Every effort is made to not run back-to-back weekend sessions but occasionally we must due to University or National holidays.
How much is the program tuition and related financial concerns?
Tuition for our program is $5,000 plus books and materials (books are not included in the tuition and are purchased by the student directly from Kaplan Financial. Duquesne University does not sell the books).
- Payment must be paid in full before the first class and by established deadlines unless you enroll in the University approved payment plan. This option requires 25% of tuition paid by the deadline followed by the remaining portion in three equal monthly payments. This option carries a sign-up fee and an interest charge for the subsequent three monthly payments.
- There is no University or Federal Financial Aid available for this program.
- This program is considered non-credit and part-time and will not qualify for loan deferrals while enrolled.
- There is no third-party or corporate billing. If an employer is willing to cost share or cover a portion or all of the tuition, the student will need to make arrangements for payment in full by the deadline with their employer. Tuition invoices will be made directly to the student only.
- Students should evaluate their own financial means for payment before applying.