MBA Financial Aid & Assistantships
MBA - Sustainable Business Practices
Merit Based Financial Awards
All admitted applicants to the MBA Sustainable Business Practices program are considered for merit based financial awards based on the strength of the application as presented by academic record, standardized scores, school and workplace accomplishments, recommendations and personal essays. Merit awards are offered at the time of admission.
All candidates are eligible for merit scholarships and may be eligible for one fellowship or graduate assistantship:
- Difference Makers Award - Minimum scholarship of $4,000 for an admitted MBA-SBP applicant with an undergraduate or graduate GPA of 3.0 or better in any major. Graduates from a college/university outside of the U.S. can be considered with an equivalent GPA.
- Dean's Scholars Award - Minimum scholarship of $5,000 for an admitted MBA-SBP applicant with an undergraduate or graduate GPA of 3.5 or better in any major. Graduates from a college/university outside of the U.S. can be considered with an equivalent GPA.
- Duquesne University Alumni Achievement Scholarship - Minimum scholarship of $5,000 for an admitted MBA-SBP applicants who completed their undergraduate or graduate degree at Duquesne University. Criteria for consideration will include GPA and extracurricular involvement.
- Donahue Graduate School of Business Excellence Award - Minimum scholarship of $6,000 for admitted MBA-SBP applicants with two years or more of significant work experience and an undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or better. Graduates from a college/university outside of the U.S. can be considered with an equivalent GPA.
- National Black MBA Scholarship provides up to $21,000 in funding ($7,000/semester) to admitted applicants in the MBA in Sustainable Business Practices program and must meet the scholarship criteria of the National Black MBA Association Pittsburgh Chapter.
Fellowships & Graduate Assistantships
A limited number of fellowships and graduate assistantships are available to each cohort. A GMAT/GRE score is required to be eligble for a fellowship. A GMAT/GRE or a 3.5/4.0 GPA (undergraduate or graduate) is required to be eligble for a graduate assistantship.
- Sustainability Fellowships (up to 10 per academic year) are awarded to work on research and publication projects with faculty.
- Eugene P. Beard Sustainability Fellowships (2 per academic year for U.S. Citizens, $25,000 each) are awarded to work on groundbreaking research related to the ethical management of financial, social, environmental and informational resources.
- Small Business Development Fellowships are available to support Duquesne's efforts to advance sustainability practices with small and start-up businesses in the region.
- Coverdell Peace Corps Fellowships are offered to Returned Peace Corps Volunteers to work on a self-designed local initiative that serves the Peace Corps' "third goal."
- Graduate Assistantships provide partial tuition remission in exchange for service to the university on specialized assignments. Graduate Assistants in the MBA-SBP receive between 4.5-9 credits of tuition assistance each semester in exchange for 10-20 hours per week of work. These positions are only awarded for the fall and spring semesters, for a maximum of 18 credits of tuition assistance. To qualify, applicants must have a competitive GMAT or GRE score, or a 3.5/4.0 GPA in a prior degree (undergraduate or graduate).
Duquesne's Office of Financial Aid provides support for securing student loans. Part-time, on-campus student employment opportunities are available and the Office of Career Services serves as a resource for finding part-time jobs with regional employers.
* The GMAT or GRE is required to be considered for fellowships.
Graduate Assistantships provide partial tuition assistance in exchange for service to the university on specialized assignments.
- To qualify, a student must take at least 9 credits of graduate business course work and have one of the following: Competitive GMAT or GRE score, or 3.5/4.0 GPA in a prior degree (undergraduate or graduate).
James J. Byrne Award for Responsible Leadership
An annual $4,000 award, funded by Lennox International, is available for a Professional MBA student who works full time. Students who have completed at least one semester are invited to apply.
Employer Tuition Assistance
Many employers provide financial support for continuing education. We encourage students to check with their Human Resource department. Duquesne offers a tuition deferment plan for students whose employers do not reimburse until the course is completed.