Financial Aid & Scholarship
Financing graduate education is a challenge for many students. The Donahue School offers competitive financial awards – including scholarships, fellowships and graduate assistantships – on a merit basis to domestic and international full-time students in all of our graduate programs.
Initial awards are based on application credentials, undergraduate transcripts and standardized test score reports. Awards for subsequent semesters are based on academic performance in graduate coursework at Duquesne and award-specific criteria.
MBA in Sustainable Business Practices
- All candidates are eligible for merit scholarships.
- In addition, all candidates with competitive GMAT or GRE scores are eligible for one fellowship or graduate assistantship:
- Sustainability Fellowships (up to 10 per academic year) are awarded to work on research and publication projects with faculty;
- $20,000 Eugene P. Beard Sustainability Fellowships (2 per academic year; U.S. Citizens) are awarded to work on groundbreaking research related to the ethical management of financial, social, environmental and informational resources;
- Small Business Development Fellowships are available to support Duquesne’s efforts to advance sustainability practices with small and start-up businesses in the region;
- Coverdell Peace Corps Fellowships are offered to returned Peace Corps Volunteers to work on a self-designed local initiative that serves the Peace Corps’ “third goal”;
- Graduate Assistantships (a few per academic year) provide partial tuition remission in exchange for service to the university on specialized assignments.
Duquesne's Office of Financial Aid provides support for securing student loans. Part-time, on-campus student employment opportunities are available and the Office of Career Services serves as a resource for finding part-time jobs with regional employers.
Graduate Assistantships (20 hours/week for 9 credits tuition remission)
To qualify, a student must take the equivalent of a full-time course load in evening classes and have a competitive GMAT or GRE score.
James J. Byrne Award for Responsible Leadership - An annual $4,000 award, funded by Lennox International, is available for a Professional MBA program studnet who works full time. Students who have completed at least one semester are invited to apply.
Employer tuition assistance - Many employers provide financial support for continuing education. We encourage students to check with their Human Resource department. Duquesne offers a tuition deferment plan for students whose employers do not reimburse until the course is completed.
MS in Accountancy
All candidates are considered for these awards based on the strength of standard application materials; no additional forms are required.
MS in Analytics and Information Management
Graduate Assistantships (20 hours/week for 9 credit tuition remission)
To qualify, a student must take the equivalent of a full-time course load in evening classes (8 or more credits).