JD-MBA Joint Degree
Set Yourself Apart in Business & Law
Our JD-MBA Program gives you the tools to become successful, whether you aspire to be a business leader with legal expertise, or want to pursue a law career with a solid foundation in management. You may earn both the Juris Doctor and a MBA in four years rather than the usual five. Part-time students may also benefit from these programs. Our program enables you to follow the career path of your choice and provides you with a skill set and professional networks that truly differentiates you from others.
You can choose to begin your study in either the Palumbo-Donahue School of Business or in the School of Law.
• For full-time JD students, the first year of study in the School of Law is taken solely in the School of Law.
• The remainder of the programs may be taken jointly in both schools.
• Candidates must begin their study in the School of Law prior to substantially completing the requirements for the master's degree.
Specific course requirements and limitations may be obtained from either Admissions Office.
• 18 credit hours of course work are permitted per semester
• 6 credit hours may be permitted for a School of Law clinical course
• Daytime law students must be enrolled in ten or more credit hours of law classes in the fall and spring semesters. Evening law students must be enrolled in eight or more credit hours of law classes in the fall and spring semesters
• Students are required to provide the School of Law Registrar with a copy of their MBA elective course schedule
How to Apply
Students may begin their study in either the School of Business or the School of Law. However, students must apply and be accepted to both programs of study. A competitive LSAT score (typically in the 50th percentile or better) can be used in lieu of the GMAT or GRE. Students may be required to take the GMAT or GRE if their LSAT score is not deemed competitive.
While the student is enrolled in both the JD and MBA programs, the JD program will take priority and the Law tuition rate will apply to any term during which the student is enrolled in Law courses. During any term when the student is enrolled in only MBA courses, the Graduate Business tuition rate will apply.
|Civil Procedure and Drafting||3|
|Civil Procedure II||2|
|Legal Research and Writing I & II||5|
|Torts I & II||6|
|Contract I & II||6|
|Property I & II||6|
|Constitutional Law I & II||5|
|MBA - Master of Business Administration|
|Managerial Decision Tools||1.5|
|**Managing People for Sustained Competitive Advantage or Employee Benefits||1.5|
|**Accounting for Decision Makers||3|
|Supply Chain/Operations Management||1.5|
|Strategic Sustainability and Models||1.5|
|**Global Business or International Law||1.5|
|Strategy and Implementation||3|
*These courses may be waived based on previous coursework.
** Course may count as a law school elective