We take a holistic approach in reviewing applications, meaning that all aspects of your application are carefully evaluated when considering admission. Below are the deadlines for submitting the Online Application, including all supporting documents and GMAT/GRE (Test Optional) and TOEFL/IELTS/DET scores. We will complete the review of your application after all requirements have been received.
Applicants who are not pursuing graduate assistantships may apply to the Professional MBA until the start of classes. Applicants to the Professional MBA are reviewed on a rolling basis. Typically, admission decisions are released within 5-7 business days of an applicant submitting all required materials.
If you have questions about application deadlines, please contact the School of Business.
Deadlines for Graduate Assistantships
Spring Entry - Students who wish to be considered for graduate assistantships are advised to complete their applications no later than October 1.
Fall Entry - Students who wish to be considered for graduate assistantships are advised to complete their applications no later than February 1.
A complete application includes all of the following:
1. Official Transcripts
Duquesne students and alumni: The registrar will send official transcripts for current students or alumni who have graduated within the past 5 years. For students who have graduated beyond 5 years, you can request your transcript through Duquesne's Registrar.
Other US-based university/college students and alumni: Contact your school's registrar office to have your official transcript sent via email (email@example.com) or via post to:
Palumbo-Donahue School of Business
600 Forbes Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15282
* You will need to request official transcripts from all colleges and/or universities you have attended. This includes transfer coursework earned at any institution, even if you did not earn a degree.
Students who completed their degree(s) outside the U.S.:
Students are required to use a transcript credential evaluation service to obtain a course-by-course report. The official reports must be sent directly to Duquesne University from the service used. Once received, it will satisfy both your transcript and evaluation requirements.
Three-year bachelor's degrees may be acceptable if the credential evaluation service determines that it is equivalent to a four-year bachelor's degree. Please review our Transcript Credential Evaluation page to find out more information.
Two professional recommendations are required as part of the application process. Recommendations should be from former professors or supervisors who can evaluate your potential for graduate study. After your Online Application has been received, you will be directed to a Supplemental Document Portal where you can enter the contact information for both recommenders. The recommendation form will then be sent electronically to each recommender from your application portal.
Applicants to the PharmD/MBA joint degree program are required to submit a recommendation from their School of Pharmacy advisor. This recommendation can also be requested from the application portal. This recommendation will fulfill one of the two required recommendations.
Applicants to the JD/MBA joint degree program are required to submit a recommendation from the Thomas R. Kline School of Law of Duquesne University registrar. This recommendation is requested from the application portal and will be used to ensure that applicants have completed the Petition for Joint Degree form and received approval from the Thomas R. Kline School of Law of Duquesne University Academic Status Committee. This recommendation will fulfill one of the two required recommendations.
Please submit a separate essay for each of the questions presented below. Limit your responses to 250 words or less for each essay. Save and upload your responses as one document. Applicants who do not submit their essays in the proper format, or who do not address the question prompts, may be asked to re-write and resubmit their essays.
- Please provide a summary of your academic and professional background, current career endeavors, motivation for pursuing a graduate business education and future career goals.
- The Palumbo-Donahue School of Business is in "The Business of Difference Making." Explain what this means to you and how you would contribute to this goal as a student and eventually as an alumnus(a).
After you submit the Online Application, you will receive an email directing you to our Supplemental Document Portal for uploading your resume or CV. Your resume/CV should outline your academic background and career progression. Leadership and involvement in professional organizations should also be highlighted. For applicants with no post-bachelors work experience, please be sure to list any internships and extracurricular activities that you have been involved with.
5. GMAT/GRE scores (Optional)
You may choose to submit a GMAT or GRE score if you do not think your work experience or academic performance accurately reflects your potential for success in graduate study.
Although the GMAT/GRE are not required for admission, they may be required for consideration for merit-based funding opportunities.
English Proficiency Requirements
International students are required to submit an official TOEFL, IELTS, or Duolingo English Test (DET) score.
- TOEFL scores must be sent directly from the ETS website. Duquesne's institution code for the TOEFL is 2196, and the department code is 02. We require a TOEFL score earned within 12 months (one year) from the time of application. The minimum score for TOEFL is 90.
- IELTS scores must be sent directly from the IELTS website. We require an IELTS score earned within 12 months (one year) from the time of application. The minimum score for IELTS is 7.
- DET scores must be sent directly from the Duolingo website. We require a DET score earned within 12 months (one year) from the time of application. The minimum score for DET is 115.
* Students who do not meet the English Proficiency requirements above may opt to consider the program's Pathways option.
100% Online Master's Programs
International students on a F-1 visa while in the USA cannot enroll in the 100% online graduate business programs.
- International students already in the USA with other visa categories may be eligible to enroll in the 100% online graduate business programs.
- International students who wish to complete the program from their home country may apply.
Please contact International Admissions at Duquesne University for more information.