Juris Doctor/MBA Joint Degree
School of Law and Palumbo-Donahue School of Business
Set Yourself Apart in Business & Law
Our JD-MBA Program gives you the tools to become successful, whether you aspire to be a business leader with legal expertise, or want to pursue a law career with a solid foundation in management. You may earn both the Juris Doctor and a MBA in four years rather than the usual five. Part-time day and evening students may also benefit from these programs. Our program enables you to follow the career path of your choice and provides you with a skill set that truly differentiates you from others.
You can choose to begin your study in either the Palumbo-Donahue School of Business or in the School of Law.
• The first year of study in the School of Law is taken solely in the School of Law.
• The remainder of the programs may be taken jointly in both schools.
• Candidates must begin their study in the School of Law prior to substantially completing the requirements for the master's degree.
Specific course requirements and limitations may be obtained from either Admissions Office.
• 15 credit hours of course work permitted per semester
• 3 credit hours may be permitted for a Law School clinical course
• Students are required to provide the Law School Registrar with a copy of their MBA elective course schedule
Candidates for this program must apply directly to the School of Law and to the Palumbo-Donahue School of Business. Both Admissions Offices will review the applications submitted to the School of Law after a candidate has been admitted to the Law School. Candidates must check the "JD-MBA" box on the admissions application LSAT for consideration.
School of Law application Instructions are available on J.D. application process page.
|Civil Procedure and Drafting||3|
|Civil Procedure II||2|
|Legal Research and Writing I & II||5|
|Torts I & II||6|
|Contract I & II||6|
|Property I & II||6|
|Constitutional Law I & II||5|
|Corporate & Partnership Law||2|
|Advanced Corporate Law & Business Entities||2|
|MBA - Master of Business Administration|
|Applied Managerial Decision Tools||1.5|
|Managing People for Sustained Competitive Advantage or Employee Benefits||1.5|
|Accounting for Decision Makers||3|
|Supply Chain/Operations Management||1.5|
|Strategic Sustainable and Models||1.5|
|Global Business or International Law||1.5|
|Strategy and Implementation||3|
*These courses may be waived based on previous coursework.