Graduate Certificate in Entrepreneurship
Learn to launch a new venture or start-up
Entrepreneurial mindsets have driven many of the greatest innovations of the modern world. In Duquesne University's Graduate Certificate in Entrepreneurship (GC-ENTR) program, you'll hone skills essential to launch a start-up or expand your impact within an existing business. Here, you'll develop your knack for pushing the boundaries of the expected, for innovating in the face of barriers, and for compelling others to collaborate toward your vision for the future. Your entrepreneurial mindset and business management skills will set you apart in the eyes of employers and investors who will identify your competitive potential.
Sharpen your skills in entrepreneurship and innovation with Duquesne's 15-credit Graduate Certificate in Entrepreneurship. Our curriculum equips you with a solid foundation in business ideation, management skills, and law through flexible, hybrid business courses designed for entrepreneurs. In addition to growing your expertise, you'll have access to Duquesne's robust professional network in Pittsburgh, PA and around the world.
- Ideation Adventure
- The Entrepreneurial Manager
- Entrepreneurship, Venture Financing & the Law
- Sales and Marketing for the Entrepreneurial Firm
- Entrepreneurship Pitch Experience
What makes Duquesne's program stand out?
The Palumbo-Donahue School of Business is located near downtown Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, a growing hub of entrepreneurship and innovation. This city fosters a thriving environment for both new firms and technology giants-and at Duquesne, our entrepreneurial business courses take full advantage of our location.
During your certificate program, you will create, invent, and learn in our state-of-the-art Center for Excellence in Entrepreneurship. Our ideation suite, the Louis D. Mallet Entrepreneurship Zone, is an inspirational and collaborative environment that promotes idea generation, group learning, problem solving, and business planning. Take advantage of our leading-edge technology, writeable glass boards, and flexible meeting spaces that enhance conversation and discussion.
Bob's Launch Pad is our maker space, a hands-on area where you develop, design, and prototype everything from new physical products to online business platforms. Explore state-of-the-art tools for taking your ideas from concept to reality, such as high-level software, a 3D printer, and a laser engraver for rapidly prototyping new products.
- Duquesne's Small Business Development Center (SBDC) offers no-cost, confidential consulting services and training workshops in southwestern Pennsylvania to empower you with the knowledge you need to start, grow, and prosper in your small business.
- BlueTree Allied Angels, Western Pennsylvania's leading angel network, partners with Duquesne University to create a pathway for financial assistance to new companies. This members-only group of accredited investors focuses on promising start-ups and up-and-coming entrepreneurs.
- Duquesne New Venture Challenge is a three-stage business plan competition with cash and service prizes valued at over $100,000.
Learn more about Duquesne's Entrepreneurship Certificate
Strive for new heights in entrepreneurship and innovation with a Graduate Certificate in Entrepreneurship from Duquesne University. These flexible entrepreneurship courses equip you to expand your business management skills, connect with creative minds, and launch new projects or start-ups-all while maintaining a schedule that works for you.