The totality of your application, including all supporting documents, is carefully evaluated when considering admission. Below are the deadlines for submitting the Online Application, including all supporting documents and test scores. We will complete the review of your application after all requirements have been received.
The Master of Science in Supply Chain Management program and Master's Certificate in Supply Chain Management accepts students in the fall semester. As an applicant, you have the opportunity to complete the program at a part-time pace.
Applicants to the MS-SCM program are reviewed on a rolling basis. Typically, admission decisions are released within 5-7 business days of an applicant submitting all required materials.
Deadlines for Graduate Assistantships
Fall Entry - Students who wish to be considered for graduate assistantships are advised to complete their applications no later than February 1.
A complete application includes all of the following:
1. Official Transcripts
You will need to request official transcripts from all colleges and/or universities you have attended. This includes transfer coursework earned at any institution, even if you did not earn a degree.
Duquesne students and alumni: All transcript requests are made through our transcript request page.
Other US-based university/college students and alumni: Contact your school's registrar office to have your official transcript sent via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to the Duquesne Graduate School of Business. If your school is not able to send via email, please mail paper copies to:
Palumbo-Donahue School of Business
704 Rockwell Hall
600 Forbes Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15282
2. Work Experience
All prior experience, including internships, is weighted heavily in the application review.
3. GMAT/GRE Scores
We require either a GMAT or GRE score. Request that your official entrance exam score be sent to the Palumbo-Donahue School of Business at Duquesne University. Neither the student's unofficial copy nor a photocopy is acceptable. Entrance exam scores are required to be sent directly from the testing agency.
Two professional references are required as part of the application process. References should be from former professors or supervisors who can evaluate your potential for graduate study. After your Online Application has been received, you will be directed to a Supplemental Document Portal where you can enter the contact information for both recommenders. The recommendation form will then be sent electronically to each recommender your application portal.
Please submit a separate essay for each of the questions presented below. Limit your responses to 250 words or less for each essay. Save and upload your responses as one document. Applicants who do not submit their essays in the proper format, or who do not address the question prompts, may be asked to re-write and resubmit their essays.
- Please provide a summary of your academic and professional background, current career endeavors, motivation for pursuing a graduate business education and future career goals.
- The Palumbo-Donahue School of Business is in 'The Business of Difference Making." Explain what this means to you and how you would contribute to this goal as a student and eventually as an alumnus(a).
A resume or CV including contact information, educational degrees and certificates, and employment and volunteer experience is required. After you submit the Online Application, you will receive an email directing you to our Supplemental Document Portal for uploading your resume.
English Proficiency Requirements*
International students are required to submit an official TOEFL, IELTS, or Duolingo English Test (DET) score.
- TOEFL scores must be sent directly from the ETS website. Duquesne's institution code for the TOEFL is 2196, and the department code is 02. We require a TOEFL score earned within 12 months (one year) from the time of application. The minimum score for TOEFL is 90.
- IELTS scores must be sent directly from the IELTS website. We require an IELTS score earned within 12 months (one year) from the time of application. The minimum score for IELTS is 7.
- DET scores must be sent directly from the Duolingo website. We require a DET score earned within 12 months (one year) from the time of application. The minimum score for DET is 115.
* Students who do not meet the English Proficiency requirements above may opt to consider the program's Pathways option.
International students are required to have a four-year bachelor's degree. Certain three-year degrees may be acceptable. Please contact your programs' admissions counselor for verification.
If your undergraduate and/or graduate degrees are from an institution located outside of the United States, you must use a transcript credential evaluation service to obtain a course-by-course report.
The official reports must be sent directly to Duquesne University from the organization you order through and will qualify as official transcripts. Please review our Transcript Credential Evaluation Directions.
100% Online Master's Programs
- International students on a F-1 visa while in the USA cannot enroll in the 100% online graduate business programs.
- International students already in the USA with other visa categories may be eligible to enroll in the 100% online graduate business programs.
- International students who wish to complete the program from their home country may apply.
Please contact International Admissions at Duquesne University for more information.