MS in Analytics & Information Management (STEM)
Transform big data into actionable insights
Duquesne's MS in Analytics and Information Management will prepare you to apply models, analytical methods, and visualization tools to data, producing insights that lead to better business decisions.
Because our analytics program is part of the School of Business, you will develop a distinctive skill set. You will also:
- Gain expertise in data analytics and information management with a strong focus on business strategies.
- Utilize proven techniques such as storytelling to communicate and explain your findings.
- Understand data mining, data querying, artificial intelligence, modeling insights, and behavioral analytics with visualizations.
- Learn to use many cutting-edge tools in the field of analytics, such as Hadoop.
- Make high-stakes and impactful recommendations to top management as part of your project-based curriculum.
Flexibility for working professionals
- Complete the degree on a one-year pathway or a two-year pathway
- 10 cutting-edge courses that will set you apart in this fast-growing, competitive job market
- 30-credit degree program with hybrid and online classes
Demand for analytics
- Data driven decision-making is impacting all parts of the economy. By 2020, the number of jobs for all US data professionals will increase by 364,000 openings to 2,720,000 according to IBM.
- Analytics is the #1 top technology priority for both CIOs and CFOs, according to Gartner.
- The demand for leaders who can analyze data-and ultimately, make strategic decisions based on it-is increasing at a record pace. More than 1.5 million managers are needed in the U.S. alone according to McKinsey.
MS in Analytics and Information Management is a STEM Designated Program. STEM designated programs provide interdisciplinary technical and mathematical skills, as well as the business acumen needed to help solve complex business issues and help navigate the future of business.