Certificate in International Business
IB Certificate Requirements
The International Business Certificate is a fifteen (15) credit program. The certificate is available to any Duquesne University student.
Advantages for Business Students Completing the Certificate:
Certain courses in the certificate can be double-counted toward the business core and in many cases toward a student's major(s). As such, business students would take no more than four additional courses, and many business students could earn the certificate with as few as three or even just two additional courses.
Required Courses for the International Business Certificate
- MGMT 262 Global Insights
- IBUS 345 International Negotiation
These courses include opportunities to combine a study abroad experience. Approved programs would include: the School of Business Maymester, other Maymester programs offered at Duquesne, the Duquesne programs in Rome and Dublin, and Duquesne-approved study abroad programs offered through third-party providers.
Two Elective Courses Selected from the Following List:
- ECON 345 International Economics
- FINC 437W International Finance
- MGMT 365 Global Business, Govt and Society
- MKTG 443 International Marketing
- SCMG 472 Global Transportation and Logistics
One Capstone Experience:
- IBUS 491 International Business Capstone