As a non-profit educational service of the Duquesne University School of Education, the Reading Clinic has been helping children and their parents since 1964. Students, ages 6-17, can benefit from affordable, research-based assessment and tutorial services in a nurturing environment that fosters confidence and academic achievement. Students enhance their reading skills with methods developed and practiced by our nationally recognized faculty researchers in reading development.
Our Reading Clinic Provides:
- Experienced clinicians from our Reading Specialist program and practicing reading specialists who understand our mission of putting children's needs first
- Individualized and group instruction, tailored to each student's age and unique needs
- Evaluation results and final tutoring progress report
- Workshops for parents that address their concerns and provide information on how to support their children's literacy development
- Convenient session times
- Affordable tutoring fees.
Saturday morning during fall and spring semesters.
Applications for summer are being accepted now through May 13th.
Summer schedule will be determined and coordinated between parent and interventionist.
Fall information will be updated and released later in the summer.
Assessment and tutoring sessions take place in the Reading Clinic labs, located on the ground floor of Canevin Hall on the Duquesne University campus.
Summer will be a mix of in-person and virtual and will depend upon the preference of the parent and clinician.
Fees are payable via cash or check when the student enters the program.
Checks should be made payable to Duquesne University Reading Clinic
Reading Clinic Applications
- Applications for Spring will be accepted starting December 2022.
- Applications for Fall will be accepted starting August 2022.
- Applications are being accepted now for the summer and will be accepted until May 13, 2022. Very limited availability.
Parents will be required to apply every semester to be considered for the upcoming session.
We are no longer accepting applications for summer 2022.
Interested candidates can contact our Reading Clinic.