School of Education Distinguished Alumni Award
The Distinguished Alumni Award is given to an alumnus/alumna whose performance demonstrates excellence in one of the goals of the School of Education:
- Preparing educational and/or community leaders
- Conducting scholarship for schools
- Providing practice that is guided by the Spiritan Tradition of Caring.
Criteria for Eligibility:
- An alumnus/alumna of a Duquesne University School of Education undergraduate program or a graduate program in any of the following: the Leading Teacher Program (Bachelor's and Master's), Counseling (Master's and Doctoral), School Psychology (Psy.D. & Ph.D.), Educational Studies (Master's), Program Evaluation (Master's), Administration & Supervision (Master's), ProDEL (Doctoral), IDPEL (Doctoral), Reading Specialist, Instructional Technology (Master's & Doctoral), ESL programs, Child Psychology program, and Special Education programs
- A minimum of five full years of continuous experience after degree was conferred.
- Current resumé or curriculum vitae
- Essay and artifacts
- Two Letters of professional recommendation (e.g. supervisor, colleague, student, etc.).
Instructions for Essay:
Describe how your accomplishments in your field relate to and exemplify one of the goals of the School of Education: Preparing educational leaders and/or community leaders, conducting scholarship for schools, and providing practice that is guided by the Spiritan Tradition of Caring.
Provide specific descriptions, evidence and artifacts of distinguished performance framed in the Spiritan Tradition of Caring in at least one goal area. Link all evidence to the goals of the School of Education. Finally, describe what you aspire to be your legacy in your field.
Essay length: maximum of 1,000 words
Application Materials Due: March 20, 2020
Award Recipient Receives:
• Certificate of recognition
• $500 award
• Announcement in DU Alumni Newsletter (Bulletin From Our Bluff)
• Post on DU Alumni and School of Education Facebook pages
• Acknowledgment on School of Education website and social media
• School of Education Alumni Profile on website.
Incomplete applications will not be considered by the committee.