Instructional Add-On Certification
What is Add-On Certification?
- Adding a Subject Area to an Existing Instructional Certificate (Add-on by Test Only)
- PDE Requirements
New For PK4 Certificate Holders Only - Grades 5-6 Add-On Option
Interested PreK-4 teacher preparation candidates may take two modules:
- The Grades 4-8: Module 2 - English Language Arts & Social Studies (Praxis Code 5154)
- The Grades 4-8: Module 3 - Mathematics & Science (Praxis Code 5155)
- Candidates may take these modules during or after the PK-4 program and apply for them simultaneously, but the evaluation of the Grades Prek-4 requirements will be evaluated first and the Grades 5-6 add-on certificate will only be granted once the PK-4 certificate is approved.
- Certification Testing information can be found on PDE's website.