John G. Rangos, Sr., School of Health Sciences 2019-2023 Strategic Plan
The Rangos School of Health Sciences (RSHS) Strategic Plan serves as the blueprint to take the School to the next level of excellence, in conjunction with the initiatives outlined in the University Strategic Plan. The Mission and Vision statements articulate the School's commitment to being educational leaders who prepare students to be healthcare professionals engaged with both local and global communities to advance healthcare. The thirteen Core Values further demonstrate the School's promise to develop practice scholars dedicated to research, service and community engagement. Finally, the six goals along with detailed strategic initiatives and incremental implementation steps describe how the School will realize stated Mission and Vision in the next five years.
Mission: Educating ethical healthcare professionals to engage and serve diverse local and global communities to advance person-centered healthcare.
Vision: We will be leaders in educational innovation, interdisciplinary research, and community engagement.
- Evidence-based practice
- Advancing knowledge through research
- Community engagement
- Care for local and global community
- Patient/Client-centered care
- Ethics Equity & inclusion
- Empathy & compassion
- Student success
- Interprofessional collaboration
Goals, Strategic Initiatives & Incremental Steps for Completion:
Goal 1: Increase community-engaged learning and service by promoting existing opportunities and engaging with University and community partners to expand and diversify experiences.
• Strategic Initiative A: Increase community engaged learning and service
• Strategic Initiative B: Develop new and strengthen existing partnerships with local, regional, national and global institutions (healthcare delivery facilities, colleges and universities)
Goal 2: Expand dynamic, innovative learning opportunities across disciplines by creating a comprehensive simulation curricula and integrating additional simulation activities.
• Strategic Initiative A: Create a more expansive and comprehensive RSHS simulation lab
Goal 3: Goal: Develop, optimize, and expand educational programs consistent with our mission and vision where growth potential is greatest.
• Strategic Initiative A: Optimize delivery of professional degree programs & curriculums;
• Strategic Initiative B: Develop new programs;
• Strategic Initiative C: Expand existing programs
• Strategic Initiative D: Examine, refine, and expand delivery of health administration content across all disciplines
Goal 4: Advance school initiatives in research, scholarship, and technology with the support of new infrastructure and resources.
• Strategic Initiative A: Expand School infrastructure to support continued success and advancement of research/scholarship, and information dissemination
• Strategic Initiative B: Develop opportunities and improve mechanisms for research dissemination
• Strategic Initiative C: Increase the opportunity for RSHS students to engage in faculty research and scholarship
Goal 5: Broaden mentorship and professional development for faculty, staff, students, and alumni to attract and promote dedicated students and professionals that represent a rich diversity of backgrounds.
• Strategic Initiative A: Create and broaden mentorship programming and opportunities within the School for faculty, staff and students
• Strategic Initiative B: Develop and expand school-wide alumni engagement events and opportunities
Goal 6: Expand interprofessional education (IPE) and interdisciplinary collaborations to ensure that our graduates have knowledge, skills, ethics, and professionalism needed for the healthcare industry.
• Strategic Initiative A: Expand current IPE offerings and efforts and develop new IPE initiatives between courses, programs and departments
• Strategic Initiative B: Expand interdisciplinary collaborative opportunities for students beyond IPE (e.g., research,...) amongst School and campus constituents