Summer & Fall 2017 Registration Information
Registration for Summer & Fall 2017 is approaching. Please read the information below carefully and in its entirety to make certain that you are prepared.
When Will You Register?
- Early Registrants (Athletes, Honors College, ROTC, ACT 101, Students receiving accommodations through the Office of Disability Services) beginning Thursday, March 23
- Seniors (90+ earned credits): beginning Thursday, March 23 (All Seniors except those on Special Status will be registered by their academic advisor and do not need to make an appointment. HMS students electing to take courses toward a minor should register for minor courses online through DORI. AT students needing to fill their elective should register for the elective online through DORI)
- Graduate Students: beginning Friday, March 24 (All graduate students except MHMS will be registered by their academic advisor and do not need to make an appointment)
- Juniors (60-89 earned credits): beginning Monday, April 3 (All 3rd year students except those on Special Status will be registered by their academic advisor. HMS students electing to take courses toward a minor should register him/herself for minor courses online through DORI)
- Sophomores (30-59 earned credits): beginning Tuesday, April 18 (2nd year PA students will be registered by their academic advisor)
- Freshmen (0-29 earned credits): beginning Tuesday, April 25
Note: Online registration opens at 7:00 a.m. on the first day of each registration period.
How Will You Register?
- Students with 15+ earned credits may register either in-person with their academic advisor or online through DORI. Pre-professional students, even if you register online, schedule an appointment with your academic advisor to review your schedule and ensure that you are enrolled in the proper courses.
- The following student groups will be registered by their academic advisor, and no appointment is necessary:
- All Graduate Students except HMS Master's
- All 4th year students
- All 3rd year students
- 2nd year PA students
What Classes Should You Take?
Your academic advisor will send detailed and targeted information to you approximately 2 weeks prior to the start of your registration period. Please look for and promptly read that email.
What Are Your Next Steps?
1. Unless you are being registered by your academic advisor, schedule your registration appointment TODAY through Starfish. An earlier appointment time can mean better course selection and availability. We do not mind if students come in groups of two or three, if all are prepared. Please have one student sign up, and include the names of the others in the notes of the appointment on Starfish.
2. Prior to registration, be sure to check on DORI for any holds that could prevent you or your academic advisor from completing your registration.
3. If you need to have a more in-depth planning conversation with your academic advisor (e.g., to discuss study abroad options; to discuss transferring to another school), please schedule an appointment for before March 23th so that ample time can be devoted to the discussion.
Please do not hesitate to contact us with questions about the registration process.
Deborah Durica (Speech-Language Pathology)
Brenda Simmonds (Athletic Training, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy)
Jessica Roscoe (Health Management Systems, Physician Assistant Studies, Rehabilitation Science/International Linkage Program)