Second Degree Programs
With the John G. Rangos School of Health Sciences:
Bachelor of Science in Athletic Training and entry-level Doctor of Physical Therapy degree (DPT)
- This degree opportunity can be completed in three additional years, but may take longer if students do not meet required pre-requisite courses.
- Students interested in this option will be given an opportunity to apply for this program during the freshmen year.
- A student must already be enrolled in either the Athletic Training or Physical Therapy/Biology degree program to apply to this joint program.
With the School of Education:
Bachelor of Science in Athletic Training (BSAT) and Master of Science degree in Education
(MSEd - Teaching Certification in Biology)
- Application to this program is made during the junior or senior years.
- This degree opportunity can be completed in four semesters beyond the four-year AT curriculum, but may take longer if students do not meet required pre-requisite courses.
- Students interested in this option should identify themselves to the Department Chair early during the pre-professional program, as there may be additional pre-requisite courses required for teaching certification in the sciences.