Master of Science Degree in Biomedical Engineering
Become an innovator in the biomedical engineering field
With rapid advances in technology, and as generations live longer, more active lives, the demand for biomedical devices, procedures and other solutions continues to grow as well. Biomedical engineers with advanced degrees have even more opportunities for expanded responsibilities.
This 32-credit MS-BME program was designed to be flexible to serve both full-time students and working professionals seeking to become innovators in the biomedical engineering field. Students will have significant opportunities for research in state-of-the-art labs, working alongside accomplished faculty.
Graduates of the program will have the experience to perform research and engineering design for academia, government and industries related to human health. Additionally, students with the desire to continue on to a PhD program or professional medical education will have the appropriate basis upon which to build.
Upon successful completion of this program students will:
- Gain the ability to demonstrate a breadth of knowledge in biomedical engineering
- Have particular expertise in a field of biomedical engineering through coursework or research
- Learn to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice
- Demonstrate knowledge of contemporary issues in biomedical engineering with an emphasis on ethical questions
- Students choosing the thesis option will gain research experience resulting in publishable work